Location: Redmond, WA
Our video game client in Redmond, WA is looking for World Building Environment Artists to join their team to assemble and set dress levels and maps for a 12 to 18 month contract.
Candidates must have a strong desire to work in the Sci-Fi genre and a strong command of art foundations like silhouette, color, light and composition to create highly optimized game environments.
Candidates will be experienced in working closely with design to build fun worlds while balancing visual impact and storytelling. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the construction process for modern, large scale game environments that accounts for gameplay requirements.
Resume with a viewable portfolio must be provided.
Work will begin remotely with the expectation of resuming onsite at later date. Candidates must be US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of professional experience working with game environments
- Shipped multiple titles on multiple platforms
- Excellent World Building and scene composition skills
- Experience with large scale environment construction
- Experience with FPS games
- Owned and shipped multiple levels and maps
- Experience with Autodesk Maya required
- Artist must have knowledge of modern game asset development process
- Artist should have strong time management and communication skills
- The ability to quickly grasp new technical concepts required
- Game Editor centric workflow experience a plus
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]