Ballard Spahr, a national law firm with 15 U.S. offices seeks an experienced writer/editor for its Marketing Communications team. The writer will oversee the firm's electronic client alerts, serve as a member of the proofreading team, help ensure that materials align with firm style and branding guidelines, and function as the lead writer and editor for website content and collateral materials. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Responsibilities also include:
- Collaborating with lawyers and staff to create and maintain compelling website content, collateral materials, awards submissions, and press releases. Providing guidance, support, and training on writing and editing. Helping attorneys and senior staff to improve or revise their website bios.
- Serving as a member of the firm's proofreading and editing team.
- Maintaining and updating the firm's written style guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the legal market and firm capabilities and applying that knowledge to the firm's marketing materials.
- Assisting in efforts to track and measure the effectiveness of the firm's marketing materials.
The selected individual also will work with the public relations team to identify and leverage media opportunities; aid in the creation of new blog or website initiatives; support the integration of lateral attorneys, including bio creation and posting, press releases, and announcements; and assist in the drafting and/or editing of award submissions.
The writer must be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects and daily deadlines with poise and professionalism, and possess the ability to translate complex subject matter into accurate, concise, readable copy for a broad market. Strong organizational skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work independently are required.
The ideal candidate will have a background that combines print journalism and marketing communications experience in a professional services or corporate setting. Five or more years of professional writing experience, demonstrated skill as both a writer and editor, and a strong command of grammar, spelling, and Chicago Manual and AP style required.
Resume, cover letter and salary requirements are required.
Ballard Spahr is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Ballard Spahr LLP offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and a generous paid time off program is offered. For immediate consideration, please visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/BallardSpahr/Careers and apply online.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.