The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the environmental services department. This includes managing a team of environmental services staff, ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, and maintaining a safe and clean environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and supervise a team of environmental services staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling.
• Ensure compliance with environmental regulations, including hazardous waste disposal, infection control, and safety protocols.
• Develop and implement cleaning and maintenance procedures to ensure a safe and clean environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Conduct regular inspections of facilities to identify areas in need of cleaning or maintenance.
• Respond to and resolve environmental services-related issues and complaints.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure a coordinated approach to environmental services.
• Maintain accurate records and reports related to environmental services activities.
• Participate in the development and implementation of environmental services policies and procedures.
• Provide training and education to staff on environmental services policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in environmental services or related field, with at least 1 year in a supervisory role.
• Knowledge of environmental regulations and safety protocols.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects and stand for extended periods of time.
The Environmental Services Supervisor will work primarily in a healthcare facility, which may include exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases. The position may require working evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being on-call for emergencies. The supervisor may also be required to lift and move heavy objects and stand for extended periods of time.
The salary for an Environmental Services Supervisor varies depending on experience, education, and location. The average salary range is $45,000 to $65,000 per year.